Tuesday, July 19, 2005

MS 150 Bike Ride


In September 2005, I joined over 100 bicycle riders on Petit Jean Mountain, near Russellville, for the annual "MS 150 Bike Tour". This is a two-day, 150 mile bike ride to raise money to fight multiple sclerosis. Last year the group raised $120,000!
I ended up doing a wedding on the first day of the ride, Saturday. However, I did drive down and got in the Sunday ride. I was just shy of my fund-raising goal, raised $1,430. That put me at #11 in total fund raising for the event.

3 Comments:

Blogger K1 said...

Looking forward to hearing more about your bike ride... I'm proud of you for being so active... it's good for an "old man" like you to be healthy... :-)

9:33 PM  
Blogger K2 said...

First the MS150, next thing you know you'll be trying out for "Le Tour de France"... or maybe not!

10:20 PM  
Blogger 5kdad said...

k1. . .old man? Hey, I'll race you any day and we'll see who finishes first.

k2. . .Tour de France? You know the oldest rider to win the tour was 36 years old, and I think that was in 1922! Lance is retiring at 33.
Did you know about the tour in Arkansas? It's during "Toad Suck Daze", called "Tour de Toad". . really! http://www.toadsuck.org/events.html#
(near Conway)

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home