Monday, July 18, 2005

Things that Annoy Me

Ever notice how some products are improperly priced? For example, we all know "$40" would be forty dollars. If you added a decimal point in front "$.40" it becomes forty cents. Now, if something is priced "89 cents", that means it's price is eighty-nine cents. But just notice how often you'll see something priced at ".89 cents". That's less than a penny. It's eighty-nine one-hundredths of a penny. In other words, 10 of them would cost you 8.9 cents.
I'll try to keep my camera handy and find some examples to share with you.

2 Comments:

Blogger K1 said...

I'll let you know if I see any such signs in Springfield.

9:26 PM  
Blogger K2 said...

My favorite is when you try to tell someone working there what they are REALLY advertising and it completely goes ver their head!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home