Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Why I don't fish.

Many years ago, I got into fishing. I'd go with my friend, Frank, several evenings each week after work. We'd leave right after work, and return home around 10:00 pm or so.

One day after work I was rushing around, getting ready to leave to go fishing.
Kristy said, "Dad where are you going".
I told her I was going fishing, then being a bit sarcastic I said, "So we will having something to eat".
She replied, "I think we'd rather starve and have you stay home and play with us."

I gave up fishing not long after that.

5 Comments:

Blogger K1 said...

(Shrug.) Oh well, I guess I spoiled your fun there, didn't I? Or... you kould look at it this way... (I'm tilting my head *LOL*)... seriously though... I have lots of good memories of you being home with us girls, playing with Barbies (what a man!), going over to play at the ball field, watching Benny Hill (shame on you, Dad, what a terrible show for children! *LOL*), and other fun stuff! I had a great childhood!!! :-)

9:31 PM  
Blogger K2 said...

Yes, thanks to Kristy we enjoyed a fun childhood where we actually got to spend time with our dad! :-)

10:24 PM  
Blogger 5kdad said...

Remember one of you guys telling me, "We're glad you don't do any of those man-things". Upon further inquiry, it was explained that you were referring to fishing, hunting, golf, etc. Besides, it was much more fun staying at home and letting you paint my toe nails and put bows in my hair.

5:55 PM  
Blogger K2 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:13 PM  
Blogger K2 said...

You always were a good sport! You can't forget the waxing either!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home