Monday, November 06, 2006

An Extra Special Wedding






Congratulation to Elizabeth Perkins and James Mendyk who were married on November 4th at the First Baptist Church in Berryville.
While each wedding is special to us, this partucular one was special in a personal way. Elizabeth's father, Roger, has long been a friend of mine. We met when I was just a teenager. I've always said, Roger probably kept me out of a lot of trouble as a teen. He was a few years older than me, and we spent many a Friday and Saturday nights cruising Berryville, driving from the bowling alley and the old AP&L building, and talking on CB radios (remember this was the early to mid '70's).
Roger also has a special place in our lives. He was the one who set me up on a blind date on New Year's Eve, 1975. However, the girl got a chance to go to the Cotton Bowl game, so she had a friend of her's go on the date with me. That last minute replacement date turned out to be my wife, Lajunta!
To Roger and Sally.. ... son-in-laws can be pretty handy to have around at times. They are ok.

Contratulations to Elizabeth and James!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger K1 said...

Awww! Beautiful fall leaves. I love the candles burning in the background of the ceremony pic. I can't believe that Elizabeth is old enough to get married! Wow! Beautiful bride! Nice job, Dad. Congrats, Elizabeth!!!

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks Larry an Lajunta for doing a beautiful job at James and Lizzie's wedding. Also for being lifelong friends. The photo at the game is great. Terry looks more like Gene every day.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home