Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Look Back

I was recently thinking about some of the "high-profile" events that I've had the opportunity to photograph. I thought back to the time a bride-to-be and her mother came into the studio to book her wedding. Her name was Melanie Breedlove.
After visiting, they decided to book. The wedding was at Big Cedar Lodge. I got all the information I needed. They were about to leave when the mom told me, "Melanie is a former Miss Teen Missouri and was in the top 3 of the Miss Teen USA pageant". I was surprised and felt very honored to be chosen to photograph the wedding.
I went on to say you never know who you might run into in business. She then asked if I knew who Ewing Kauffman was. I knew the name rang a bell, but couldn't think who he was. She said, "That was George's (the groom) grandfather. He used to own the Kansas City Royals". Ah, yes, that's how I knew the name, Kauffman Stadium!
I was doing some only surfing, and thought I'd see if I could find any information on them, since it's been well over 10 years since doing their wedding. I found this link, along with a photo taken by me at their wedding.
http://www.missmissouriusa.com/formers/breedlove01.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home