Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Arkansas Upsets #18 Vanderbilt










In the above photo, it's a "touch" I got in the game. I was photographing with my right hand, and seen the ball coming at me. I was able to get this photo, just before I deflected the ball with my left hand.

On March 1, the Arkansas Razorbacks hosted the Vanderbilt Commodores at Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The #18 ranked Commodores were coming off a big victory against #1 ranked Tennessee earlier in the week.
The Hogs, in front of a crowd of 18,366, pulled off one of their biggest upsets of the season with a 78-73 victory. Arkansas had been in a slump, loosing four of their last five games. The win on Saturday was needed for the Hogs to have a chance for an appearance in the NCAA tournament.
Leading the Hogs in scoring was Sonny Weems with 20. Patrick Beverly followed with 17, which included an impressive 5 for 7 on 3 point attempts.
Steven Hill added 4 blocked shots to his impressive resume. Hill now has over 300 career blocks at Arkansas, which puts him at #2 in the Arkansas record books, and #4 in the SEC.
The Razorsback complete there regular season on Saturday with a home game against Auburn. It will be Senior Day, when the senior team members will be honored. Tip off is at 5:05 and will be broadcast on ESPN Classic.
I have a few more photos of the game uploaded to my web site. To view those, go to:
At the bottom of the page, click on "Sessions"
Enter password: vandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home