Monday, January 14, 2008

Razorbacks Defeat Crimson Tide in Over-Time
















I had the pleasure of photographing the Arkansas vs. Alabama basketball game on Sunday afternoon, January 13. I am a bit sad, as this may be the last season that I'll get to photograph the Hogs. For the past four years, I've been covering Steven Hill for the Branson Daily Independent newspaper. After this year and Steven's graduation, I may not have a source for a press pass, so I'm keeping my ears open. The games are fun to photograph, and all the people at Bud Walton are so friendly. I always joke about it being a dream job. #1, I get in free, #2, I have the best seat in the house, and #3, I get to hang out in the media room where there is free food.
Here's my report on the game.

The Arkansas Razorbacks improved their conference record to 2-0 (13-3 overall) with a 71-67 over-time victory over the Alabama Crimson Tide, at Bud WaltonArena in Fayetteville, AR, on Sunday, January 13. The Hogs came out fire up, and built a 20-8 lead. Alabama’s first two shot attempts were rejected by the Hogs 7’ center, former Branson Pirate Steven Hill.

At half time the Razorbacks led 36-28.

With the Hogs shooting hands going cold at the end of regulation play, the Crimson Tide went on a 7-1 scoring run to tie the game at 60 with less than 20 seconds to play. Alabama had trailed the entire game.

Leading the Razorbacks in scoring were Darian Towneswith 18 and Sonny Weems with 17.

Last year’s SEC Defensive Player of the Year, Steven Hill contributed 3 blocks, and one point. He moved into the #5 spot on the all-time SEC shot blockingrecord list. A senior marketing major at theUniversity of Arkansas, Hill is widely thought to beheaded for a career in the NBA after graduation.
Note: I've uploaded more photos of the game to my web site. To view those, go to:
Enter password: alabama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home